Frejon is a paste-like/pudding often served with toasted garri and fish stew.
It's another Easter period and we're looking forward to making some super delicious Frejon. Let's learn how.
2. Coconut milk
3. Sugar (optional)
Ingredients For The Fish Sauce
1. Fish (any fish of choice)
2. Vegetable oil
4. Bell pepper
5. Scotch pepper
7. Seasoning cubes
8. Salt to taste
- 1. In a big pot, wash beans and boil (without salt) until it softens. Leave to cool.
- 2. Transfer the beans into a food blender, add some coconut milk to it and blend.
- 3. Transfer the mixture into the pot, add sugar and let it boil for about 5 minutes to thicken a bit.
Method For Cooking The Fish Sauce
- I. In a pan, heat up some vegetable oil on minimum heat.
- II. Add chopped onion, pepper, tomatoes and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- III. Cook the fish for about 5 minutes, leave to cool and then mash it.
- IV. Add the mashed fish to the content in the pan, add salt and seasoning (to taste). Fry for about 5 minutes.
- V. Fish sauce is ready.
Serve Frejon with the fish sauce and sprinkle Garri on it.